If you are having a hard time installing Realtek High Definition Audio device on Windows XP with Acer Aspire 4520 then this might help you to solve that problem. Below are the errors that can be solve when following this guide.
1. “Install Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure”, when trying to install the Realtek HD Audio driver.
2. “Unable to find appropriate device drivers” after installing the Realtek HD Audio driver from the Acer Aspire 4520 resource cd.
3. Can’t remove or update the Realtek HD Audio device from the device manager.
Based on my experience, the Realtek HD audio device driver which came from the Acer Aspire 4520 doesn’t work though the installation went fine, so you have to download this Realtek HD audio driver.
If you have previous installation of the Realtek HD Audio driver then uninstall it first.
4. Open control panel, then Add/Remove programs, click on Realtek High Definition Audio driver and click remove button.
5. After uninstalling the Realtek High Definition audio driver, Open the Device Manager and look for the Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio, Disable it and then remove. You will not be able to remove this device if you will not going to disable it first.
6. Install the downloaded Realtek HD Audio driver then restart when ask to do so.
Thats all about it, you should have a working audio device after the reboot.
If you are looking for Acer Aspire 4520 Drivers for windows xp, you can download them here.