Configuring Linksys WRTP54G
The Linksys WRTP54G is one of a kind all-in-one router from Linksys. It is a wireless router, a switch and a phone adapter
Setting Up Linksys WRTP54G Router
1. Connect your DSL or Cable modem to the router’s internet port
2. Connect your telephone set or Fax machine to the Phone 1 or Phone 2 (You must have a subscription to a VoIP provider such as vonage)
3. Connect the rest of the PCs to any of the router’s ethernet ports.
4. Open your browser and type in the router’s ip address, default is 192.168.15.1 (http://192.168.15.1)
5. Once connected and prompted for the username and password, Enter admin as username and admin as password.
6. Select your internet connection type, choices are PPPoE, Static IP and Obtain and IP automatically (Consult your provider on what your internet connection type should be.
7. Enter your hostname and domain, Then enter the dns servers provided by your Internet Service Provider.
8. Click on “Save Settings” and power cycle your router.
If you are connected to a cable internet service provider or if your ISP uses MAC address for network provision then you should perform MAC cloning. Follow the steps below.
1. Under basic setup click on “MAC Address Clone” Tab, enable MAC clone service and Click on “Clone” button. Your MAC Address should now appear on MAC Address fields (composed four textbox fields)
2. Click “Click Save Settings” and power cycle your router.
If you are in the Philippines and want to use this with Smart Bro (Smart Broadband), choose “Obtain an IP automatically” as your Internet Connection type.
If you have a VoIP subscription, you should be able to get a dial-tone once the router is setup. If not then call your VoIP provider for a support, They usually lock the access on the router’s VoIP configuration interface (as vonage do).
What do you think? Please send me your comments and experience on this device.
Keywords: setting up vonage in smart bro, setup vonage router, configure linksys wrtp54 vonage router