D-Link DIR-600 and SmartBro Router Setup
Setting up D-Link DIR-600 wireless router and SmartBro canopy
1. Connect the SmartBro UTP (unshielded twisted pair) cable to the D-Link DIR-600 router’s WAN/Internet port.
2. Connect your PC to one of the available LAN ports of the D-Link DIR-600 wireless router, use the network cable that comes with router package.
3. In your favorite browser, type in the router’s ip address (default is 192.168.0.1) e.g http://192.168.0.1 and hit enter.
4. Enter your username and password when asked. By default, username is “admin” without password.
5. We are going to setup the router manually so click on “Manual Internet Connection Setup” button.
6. On the “Internet Connection Type” section, select Dynamic IP (DHCP)
7. Enter your desired router’s hostname, default is DIR-600 (you can leave this as is)
8. Enter the primary and seconday dns to use, SmartBro’s dns servers are not reliable so I suggest you use google’s public dns servers for both primary and seconday dns, 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
9. Click on the “Clone Your PC’s MAC Address” button. Your PC’s MAC address should reflect in the MAC address box. If not, then check that your PC is properly connected to your router and insert in one of designated LAN ports, and that your utp cable is good.
10. Click on “Save Settings” button.
9. Reboot the D-Link DIR-600 wireless router, and when it has fully initialized, open your browser and access a desired website.
Leave your messages in the comment box below should you find issues on connecting to the internet using the above setup. That’s it and I hope this helps.
Related Tutorials below: