This is for the people who were asking on how to setup smartbro using an Edimax router. This guide is applicable to all Edimax routers as of this writing. as usual this guide is going to quick and straight-forward.
This guide assumes that you have a working smartbro connection and that you are able to access the internet when smartbro cable is directly connected to your computer’s LAN card.
1. Insert the smartbro cable to the WAN or Internet port of your Edimax router.
2. Using an extra cable, connect your computer to one of the LAN ports on the Edimax router.
3. Power on the router and login to the router setup page default is http://192.168.2.1, default user is admin and password is 1234.
4. Once logged in, click on the WAN link menu and click on Dynamic IP this will tell your router to send DHCP request to the smartbro base station’s DHCP server.
5. Click on “More Configuration” button, then look for the MAC Address text box then click on “Clone MAC Address” button. The default MAC address will be replaced with the MAC address of the connected computer on the router’s LAN port.
6. Verify that you have the right MAC address cloned. On your computer, open command prompt and type ipconfig/all and look for the Physical Address section and check that it matches the MAC address cloned by the router.
7. Once verified, click on Apply button and wait for 1 or 2 minutes for the changes to saved.
8. Power cycle your router and verify that it has successfully connected and assigned with an IP address, to verify, login to the Edimax router setup page and click on status then click on Internet Connection.
Tested to work on Edimax EW-7209APg, Edimax EW-7206PDg and Edimax BR-6204WG routers.
That’s all about it, you should be able to access the internet now through your Edimax router.