This guide is intended for setting up SmartBro to share internet connection to your home network. In the previous guide we used the Linksys WRT54GC router. This guide will use the D-Link DI-624 router.
Connecting SmartBro to D-Link DI-624
1. Insert the SmartBro UTP (unshielded twisted pair) cable to the D-Link DI-624 WAN port.
2. Connect your PC to one of the LAN ports of the D-Link DI-624 router, use the network cable that comes from the package.
Configuring D-Link DI-624
1. Fire-up your favorite browser and type in the router’s ip address (default is 192.168.0.1) e.g http://192.168.0.1 and hit enter.
2. Enter your username and password when asked. Leave the password blank and the default username is admin.
3. Set connection type to Dynamic IP Address (see above image)
4. Enter your desired router’s hostname
5. Click on the “Clone MAC Address” button. Your PC’s MAC address should now appear on the router’s MAC Address box.
6. Click on “Apply” button.
7. Power cycle the router.
That’s it, as soon as the router is completely initialized, you can start connecting the rest of your PCs to the vacant LAN ports of the D-Link DI-624 router.
You may also want to see previous article on how to configure Linksys Wireless Router.
Keywords: Smartbro Dlink, Smart Bro D-link Setup, how to configure smart bro, connecting to smart bro using dlink router