Setting Up SmartBro / SmartWi-Fi with Linksys Router
SmartBro previously known as Smart Wi-Fi is a fixed-wireless internet service from Smart Communications, one of the largest cellular network in the Philippines.
This guide is intended for setting up SmartBro to share internet connection to your home network. This guide will use the Linksys WRT54GC router, a wireless compact router.
Connecting SmartBro to Linksys WRT54GC
1. Insert the SmartBro UTP (unshielded twisted pair) cable to the WRT54GC’s WAN/Internet port.
2. Connect your PC to one of the LAN ports of the WRT54GC, use the network cable that comes from the package.
1. Fire-up your favorite browser and type in the router’s ip address (default is 192.168.1.1) e.g http://192.168.1.1 and hit enter.
2. Enter your username and password when asked. Leave the username blank and the default password is admin.
3. Set connection type to Automatic Configuration - DHCP
4. Enter the router’s hostname and domain.
5. DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) should be enabled (Recommended).
6. Click on Save Settings.
7. Now, Click on the “MAC Address Clone” tab. by default MAC Cloning is disabled so you have to enable it first.
8. Click on the “Clone My PC’s MAC” button. Your PC’s MAC address should now appear on the router’s MAC Address box.
9. Click on “Save Settings” button.
10. Power cycle the router.
That’s it, as soon as the router is completely initialized, you can start connecting the rest of your PCs to the vacant LAN port of the Linksys WRT54GC router.
Keywords: Smart bro to linksys router, configuring smartbro using linksys router, how to configure smart bro, smart bro wireless router